Thursday 21 June 2012

Glossybox: June 2012














June Glossybox contains: Pro Beauty Brush, Yves Rocher Mascara, BM Beauty summer warmth bronzer, Agent Provocateur perfume samples & Vichy Dermablend Concealer sample kit.


 Good job Glossybox! Loving the contents! The theme this month was 'sexy summer style' (bit cringe if you ask me), with products you could take on holiday easily without over-cramming your suitcase.

 The stand out product for me is the Dermablend test kit, I tried this out today and I'm very impressed, when my mac concealer dies I'll be investing in some of this, maybe even the Vichy Dermablend foundation too. The concealer has great staying power and coverage, although I found I needed to set it with some mac MSF. I also like how you have the option of creating your own custom blend with the colours, although I was a bit surprised at how few colour options there were- darker skin tones might find these too light to wear I fear.

 The brush was a nice feature, although no way would I pay £15 full price for this, Sigma offer cheaper and better brushes than this, as do Real Techniques, sorry Glossybox. The mascara is something I'm looking forward to trying, as I prefer bristle brushes as opposed to the plastic wand applicators.

The BM Beauty bronzer is very very lovely, just apply with a light hand as a word of caution, or the side of your face will turn orange (this might have happened this morning...) ahem. It's very finely milled, creating a very soft product. The full 4g size is only £8, sounds very reasonable to me. If it was a pressed powder it might easier to apply though, as I tend to waste this as it's awkward to tap the excess back into such a small pot.

 And finally the perfume samples, cannot complain this month as I adore Agent Provocateur! I'm lucky enough to own quite a few pieces of their lingerie courtesy of Adam and I have gone through a few bottles of their perfume too. Beautiful scents! Although I have read you can get this little sample box free from the official website, so it's a bit cheeky of Glossybox but I do love all the perfumes so I won't gripe too much ;)

 Do you subscribe to Glossybox or any of the other beauty box services? Let me know :)

X.

No comments:

Post a Comment