Sunday 30 January 2011

Sunday wandering

 Today is so nice, I decided to take Adam for a stroll on Southampton Common. It's so lovely there, it doesn't feel like you're in the middle of a city. We walked around nearly all of it- its a big place, then went to the old graveyard, which is amazing- all old, decaying grave stones complete with fallen trees and lots of ivy. We also walked around the site of the old gallows, which is on the edge of the common- in a very enclosed place, very atmospheric, and I wasn't sorry to leave- I'm sure the temperature dropped when we walked past it- quite spooky. Now I'm back in my bed, with a nice free evening ahead of me.

 I went to town yesterday for some much needed retail therapy- went to Topshop and got a nice camel coloured shirt in the sale plus some nice underwear. Also got a tshirt from H&M, and a floral tunic/shirt thing from New Look- not sure about it though, as it isn't particularly flattering, but hopefully underneath a cardigan it'll look ok, as I love the colour and floral print, and it also has a lovely scalloped collar. Valentines day soon- hopefully going to a nice seafood restaurant in Winchester called Loch Fyne, in a really old building that serves amazing seafood. Yum! Anyway, here are some photographs from today, enjoy!



gallows path







carved sword


grave in tree-trunk shape


really creepy, yet oddly cool Victorian grave

I also took some pictures of graffiti in the underpass, I used to be incredibly influenced by street art, and have several books by photographers who focus on this, so I decided to have a go. They came out pretty well, so I may think about doing some more in future- I want to take some pictures of the area that all the skateboarders use in London along the Southbank, that area is amazing.






And finally...

What a poser ahaaaaaaa. Silly boy.


Back to work next week, computer module- my brain is going to melt.


X.

No comments:

Post a Comment