Tuesday 27 December 2011

Glossybox: December 2011



How nice is the box?! Very festive. And a very good box it was too- I have used everything for once! On with the products...

Rituals foaming shower gel
Love this shower gel, it smells beautiful, quite musky and spicy. I like the fact it's an actual gel and you don't need a lot to get a good lather. I would buy this again, depending on how long a bottle can last.


blink+go hi-definition mascara
I've found myself reaching for this quite a bit since the box arrived, a nice glossy black mascara that does the job and doesn't smudge easily. Not sure I'd pay £15 for it though, I prefer testing out cheaper mascaras.

mememe seventh heaven face primer
Very heavily scented, so if you don't like smelling like strong lemon, avoid. Luckily I do, and I've used this quite a bit for when my double wear foundation needs a bit of slip on application. A nice little £5 discount voucher came with this too, but I'm not sure I love it enough to buy a full size bottle.

deborah lippmann nail varnish remover sachet
Ok, so I haven't used this yet, but I will be to get the glitter off my nails, and if this doesn't work then a chisel might be required... The packaging describes this as a 'mitt', but as nail varnish remover really dries my hands out, I have a feeling that some heavy duty hand cream might be required after using this.

razzle dazzle mini nail varnish
Love this! Needs a few coats to make a properly glitter encrusted nail and takes a bit of removing, but it's gorgeous! Dark vampy purple/red, looks surprisingly festive.

cargo cosmetics classic lip gloss
Not a big fan of wearing lip gloss but this isn't too bad and comes out as quite a nice colour on my lips, a little sticky, but I've never found a lip gloss that isn't. Not sure how much I'll use it, but I think it might look even better layered over shy girl.


Great box this month, apparently next month's is going to be pretty good, but we'll see, I'm going to save my glossydots for a free box then I might unsub from it all, £12 a month isn't too bad, but for someone saving to move out eventually, it does all add up. I put my new tripod up earlier and took some pics for a nail tutorial type thing. The light is terrible at the moment, so I've had to stand in front of my window- it might give the neighbours something to laugh about!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, I'm definitely taking up jogging again in the new year...famous last words.

X.

No comments:

Post a Comment