Sunday 20 November 2011

Collection 2000: Cream Puff review



Collection 2000- Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Cream in Fairy Cake 3.
After seeing this plastered around the blogs I read I thought I would try this out- don't really go in for lip colour apart from MAC lipsticks, and this looked easier to apply/top up than a lippy. When I went to get this, there were 5 colours available, and the one I really wanted (the more nude/brown toned one) had sold out. I went for this pinky toned one, which seemed the next most wearable. I suffer from very dry, cracked lips, and I have to apply a ton of Carmex underneath this for it to be comfortable, but it's really not that drying. I wouldn't agree with the 'Moisturising' aspect of this cream however, although it does say it dries to a matt finish on the back so be warned! The colour is lovely, much more pink than I'd usually wear, but I'm glad I chose it, I might have a play with layering it over Shy Girl or something. The only off-putting thing is the scent. It really smells like overly sweet cake, and although I like cake it does become a little sickening. The smell tends to wear off after application though, so I just don't breathe too much when I take the applicator out of the bottle...
So, how long does it last? A good couple of hours, and it doesn't seem to leave gloop around your mouth (if that makes sense?!). Overall, it's a nice product, and it is really easy to apply and build up. For £2.99 you can't really go wrong, just invest in a good lip balm/treatment first.

X.

No comments:

Post a Comment