Wednesday 8 December 2010

brb

I'm not entirely sure when I will have time to post again after this- I have SO much work to do over the holidays- 2 essays, revision, the dissertation and the dissertation presentation. UGH. On top of this I am poor. Seriously, I had £2.97 left in my bank account today and I hadn't even been out, it's all gone on living and food, I really wonder how people live. Anyway, I got a free lift to Oxford yesterday and oh my lorrrd it's amazing, really beautiful- I fully recommend you go if you haven't yet. I am going back ASAP to see the Ashmolean and the Pitt-Rivers Museum properly- very interesting places and the Ashmolean has just been re-vamped and they have done it SO well. Plus its FREE!! So many beautiful old bikes there too- mine would fit right in, such a lovely city. I wish I'd taken some pictures but I ran out of time. I went to Salisbury museum today with my Bronze Age class to have a look round- brilliant place, lots to see even though the museum looks tiny from the outside, but it isn't! They had a mummified cat and a rat that had been found in the cathedral wall as a superstitious relic to keep vermin away! The cathedral looked really nice in the sunset, again I forgot to get any pictures, FORGET. FULL. I also received my latest ebay purchase (maybe that's where my money is going...ahaaa) a very soft and snuggly 'ladder' effect jumper which is so big its a dress on me- very warm though and perfect for this horrible, cold weather. My room still doesn't heat up properly...bah.
 Anyway, my dear mother has given me some money to see me through until next Friday when I break up for Christmas, so I can go and hopefully finish all the xmas shopping tomorrow hurrah! I only have 3 things to get so I may treat myself to a warm chunky scarf from Primark- £8, not too pricey! I applied to be on the street style team for a fashion magazine run by some people at my Uni, I really hope I get on it- I would kill to be involved with something like this- I love how people put things together and the reasons behind that, being able to do something along the lines of The Satorialist (although on a smaller scale) would be amazing. Fingers crossed!
Next time I post I will probably be 21- scarrry, I really don't want to grow up and have to sort my life out. At least I am going to London on my birthday to the British Museum, and this time I WILL take some pictures.
Also, because I am a stat fiend, I notice that my blog is getting quite a lot of views- THANK YOU for looking, it means a lot to me that anyone is actually taking any notice of what I type, thanks again!

Bye for now,  hopefully I will be back soon when I have a decent camera and when (some of) the workload has gone for good, I am so looking forward to that moment. Byeeee!

X.

No comments:

Post a Comment