Saturday 11 June 2011

Camera talk

I'm thinking of getting a film camera- not a more modern one like Urban Outfitters sell but an old 35mm one. After looking on ebay and google things are a little confusing, so if anyone has one of these cameras or knows about them, then any info would be appreciated :)

After looking on Kodak they only seem to sell professional film, whereas on the US site they sell regular film for about $3. I'm looking for the British equivalent... I'm a bit gutted as I saw two film cameras at my local recycling center awhile ago, but was talked out of it by my mother who thought the film would be too expensive. Maybe I should go and ask in a photography shop before taking the plunge, I assume you take the film to be developed? Hmm...this post demonstrates the lack of knowledge I have about cameras in general. Don't get me wrong I love my Fuji and won't be giving that up any time soon, I just like the look of film cameras and the grainy effect that they give- although I might experiment with some disposable cameras first. Let me know what you think!

www.lochaberphoto.co.uk
mrkooshie.webs.com  I have a feeling this was one of the ones I found at the tip. Now going on ebay for big bucks. Damn.
www.flickr.com/photos/michaelraso/3485114962/ 
Like I said, if anyone comes across this and knows anything/has useful advice please let me know, I'll be very grateful :)

X.

No comments:

Post a Comment